Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Night Before Day 33

video


Sunday night...grading and preparing for the perfect storm that is October. The musical goes up in five weeks and there is still so much to do! Leaning into my community and playing the new teacher card often. Apologizing for rookie moves left and right. I think a lot of my co-workers see me as a sad puppy and so I just try to play that angle as much as I can. Yip-yip!

So far the biggest thing I have learned is the how essential it is to be flexible. I am doing pretty well at it.  One word...teens. Also there is so much you can't prepare for and you just have to throw your hands in the air and enjoy the ride. It is a roller coaster.

This is my diet: Keep going. Be flexible. Sleep when you can. Try to have some sort of a "normal weekend." Don't take yourself too seriously, and take it all with a grain of salt, knowing that next year it will be so much better, and even after the musical the light will burst through the clouds.

One of the hardest things has been this new pace of life and its affects on my relationships. I feel like I have been ignoring God, my wife, my friends and family and my dog, Toby! This makes the stress feel worse when I don't feel connected to the people that bring me joy, energy and who add value to my life. If you are in the above mentioned group, I am sorry. I will do my best to reconnect soon!

Oh, and in case you were wondering, it is possible to burn the candle on more than two sides. I am literally burning five sides. Wax everywhere. Big mess.

I hope this snap shot of my life doesn't make you feel sorry for me or seem too complacent. I really just want to be honest and document my progress through this awkward new patch of life. October will be particularly intense. Prayer is appreciated.

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post. Sorry to be slow in letting you know that! Blog more, please!!

    ReplyDelete