Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Christmas Song



I work with elementary students and what happened this Friday wrecked me in a profound way. In the bathroom of a Lowes, with tears streaming down my face, I wrote this song for the parents of the victims of this tragedy. The only comfort or hope I can stand on is that Jesus himself is with those little children who were so wrongfully taken from us. Say a prayer for this broken world and for those who are hurting the most right now. Cling tight to loved ones this Christmas. And know that whatever is intended for evil can only bring about a Greater Good. Thank you.


Christmas with Jesus
Dedicated to the parents of the victims of Newtown, Connecticut


Dear Mom and Dad, it’s Christmas time.
I know you miss me, I see you cry.
I know you’re hurting, hear what you say,
But where I am it’s Christmas everyday.  

Cause I’m spending this Christmas with Jesus.
I know you want me in your arms.
Don’t worry His are strong and warm.
Cause I’m spending this Christmas with Jesus.
So please sing Silent Night,
and bow your heads tonight.

Dear Mom and Dad, keep going on.
We’ll be together before too long.
I only wish that you could see.
They have the biggest Christmas tree.

Yes, I’m spending this Christmas with Jesus.
I know you wish that I were there
so you can tell me that you care.
But I’m spending this Christmas with Jesus.
I know you love me, just you wait.
And we’ll meet you at the gate.

He’s with you too, He told me so.
So know no matter where you go,
we’ll always be together, and be with Him until forever.

And we can spend this Christmas with Jesus.
We’re praying over you tonight.
Yes, it’s going to be alright.
And we’ll spend every Christmas with Jesus.
Yes, we’ll spend every Christmas with Jesus.

Dear Mom and Dad, It’s Christmas time…

No comments:

Post a Comment