Sunday, May 3, 2009

Seeds to Sow

At a recent church service I experienced an interesting thing I like to call Intellectual Déjà vu.
Lately I have been meditating on the concept of Seed Sowing. The thought started after rereading my most recent poem about the interconnectedness of life (Ripple Effect). Every word I speak, every prayer, every action I perform affects those around me. I don’t always know how they affect others but I know they do. This led me to think about the way I have been communicating to others. How do I treat others? What kinds of seeds am I sowing in others? Are they seeds of Truth? Hope? Love? Faith? Friendship? Reconciliation? Peace? Or are they seeds of Destruction, Confusion and Fear? It is my ambition as a Christ follower to sow seeds of Faith in others. It is not my job to Nurture and Grow these seeds—Only God can do this. However, I am responsible to be a Seed-Sower.
This imagery is found in the Gospels about spreading the Seeds of the Good News of Christ, which is where my Intellectual Déjà vu snuck up on me. The sermon was about the Kingdom of God illustrated in Mark 4. God’s Kingdom is like a mustard seed which starts small but grows into a full tree. God has set things in motion from the dawn of time, that His Kingdom will be established and His Will be done. His Kingdom is alive and growing in the hearts and lives of those who share in The Inheritance, those who live each day full knowing The Need to be Made New through faith in Jesus Christ. We are all Broken people in Need of a Savior. We are made to be grafted into this Tree of Faith. God is the Ultimate Gardener Sowing Seeds of Faith in whomever He Wills. As He does this He calls us to be Sowers in this way. And so I step out in faith to Sow a Seed in you….God is real, He cares about you. You are not right with Him and so He sent His Son to die for you just to bring you back…Placing your Trust in Him will rock your world….


What seeds are you sowing in the ones you love? Whatever is planted will grow to fruition…..unless something else is planted stronger in its place.

The strongest seed of all, which will not germinate without Christ, is the Fear of the Lord. It is the root of Wisdom and the beginning of Faith… This Faith will not disappoint. It is the Only Way to Wholeness. Apart from this seed and its Breathing Life all grows death…



Ripple Effect


Lord of Love with tear drops full, drip one drop into my soul.
Ripple waves from Holy Fount, circle growing inside out.
Ripple moving faster still, striking others changing will.
Is it all connected through, every action that we do?
One small touch, or word or deed, vital thread or Hope Filled Seed?
Is it all Your perfect plan, waiting deep within each man?
If only Fear, through Love, was gone, could we see your gentle dawn?
Bursting through our darkened age, finally reading Brand New Page?
Hope and Love and Peace so dear, no more shedding Painful Tear
Ripple moving Love Linked Chain, Give us grace to help You Reign

1 comment:

  1. You are learning so much these past few weeks. I am excited to see the continuing ripple effect from all you have learned, and are sharing with those who need to hear. Love you bunches!! Mom

    ReplyDelete